The ACT Government is making changes to our health services to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
We are also reducing non-urgent and non-essential outpatient and community activity.
We are doing this to contain the spread of COVID-19. It will decrease demand on our public health system so services can respond to the pandemic.
From Thursday 26 March, areas affected are:
- elective surgeries
- community based services
- medical outpatients, procedures, and treatments.
We are contacting patients whose appointments or treatments are affected.
Where possible, clinicians will hold appointments over the phone or on video call.
No patient will lose their spot on the wait list as a result of these actions.
If you have not been contacted, please attend as planned.
If you are attending an appointment, please come alone unless you need someone to help you.
If you wish to cancel your appointment, please call Central Health Intake on 5124 9977. You can also use the online cancellation form on the Health website.
Do not come if you have:
- been overseas in the last 14 days
- been in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19
- symptoms including fever, cough, cold, flu or diarrhoea.
- Visited a COVID-19 affected area in the last 14 days.