Acknowledgement of Country
St Andrews Village would like to acknowledge the Ngunnawal people, the traditional custodians of the land on which the St Andrews Village facility is located and pay respect to the Elders of the Ngunnawal Nation past, present and emerging.
St Andrews Village Diversity Plan reflects our commitment to valuing the identity, culture and diversity of our consumers and workforce. St Andrews Village is founded on the Mission principle of providing care and accommodation to older people, with a commitment to excellence inspired by the life and teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. A key factor in this is promoting inclusion and unity, embracing, and respecting each person’s beliefs, culture, language, background, lifestyle, life experience and values.
Integral to our service delivery model is:
• Responding to each person’s lifestyle preferences and life history, through person-centered, individualized assessment, care planning and provision of services.
• Demonstrating to our workforce the importance of respecting individual values, cultural backgrounds, and life choices.
St Andrews Village Diversity Action Plan aligns with the Australian Government Department of Health Aged Care Diversity Framework 2017 and consists of two key priority areas:
1) Access to and provision of appropriate care and
2) Inclusion and employment.
Message from the Chief Executive
On behalf of St Andrews Village Board of Management, Management Officers, Staff and existing Consumers of our services we extend a warm welcome to all members of our community who are considering sharing their time with us.
At St Andrews Village we offer culturally safe and considered care provision to all older people of the ACT and surrounding regions without discrimination and in line with our Mission and Values. Our care and service delivery is guided by our Values of Compassion, Harmony, Respect, Integrity, Stewardship and Truthfulness which are reflected in all our interactions with you and your family or friends.
- Foster and create an inclusive aged care service where our diverse consumers and staff are treated with respect.
- Promote and increase awareness amongst St Andrews Village employees and the broader community about the specific rights and needs of our diverse consumers and staff.
- Focus on practical, achievable, and deliverable initiatives to improve equitable accessibility to our services using multilingual staff and other improvements in communication.
- Enhance communication and reduce barriers, including attitudes, that may discourage our diverse consumers from using the organisations’ services, and staff from providing these services.
- Achieve tangible changes in attitudes and practices that are discriminatory towards consumers from diverse backgrounds.
- Reduce barriers to our diverse population obtaining and maintaining employment.