Information you are entitled to:
St Andrews Village is the approved service provider for Presbyterian Church (ACT) Property Trust. Under the Aged Care Act 1997 (the Act), care recipients and prospective care recipients or their representatives are entitled to receive particular information from their approved provider on request.
This includes, in relation to the previous financial year:
- a summary of the permitted uses for which we have used refundable deposits and accommodation bonds
- information about whether we complied with the requirements for permitted uses of refundable deposits and accommodation bonds and with the prudential requirements for these payments
- information about the number of refundable deposit balances and accommodation bond balances (if any) that were not refunded in accordance with the timeframes set by the Act. For entry contributions (payable before 1997), information about the number (if any) that were not refunded in accordance with the entry contribution agreement.
- a copy of the independent audit opinion on our compliance with the prudential requirements for accommodation bonds
- our most recent statement of audited accounts, and
- if we invest refundable deposits and accommodation bonds in particular kinds of permitted financial products, our investment objectives and the asset classes we may invest in.
We must also provide:
- if you have already paid a refundable deposit or an accommodation bond, a copy of your entry in the refundable deposit register.
Care recipients, prospective care recipients or their representatives may request any or all of the available information. We must provide the information within seven days of the request, and the information must be correct at the time of the request.
More details about information which you are able to request is contained in are in section 57 and section 58, Fees and Payments Principles available from http://www.comlaw.gov.au.